Roaring Water Lodge Description
You will not
believe the sounds of the "Roaring Waters" when you arrive at
this cabin! The sounds of Fightingtown Creek are ones that you
will not forget, making this cabin a perfect destination for
water lovers.Roaring Water Lodge is situated
on a hill just above the creek and placed just so that you
have views of both up stream and down stream. The cabin does
feature a well thought out walk way to the creek
bank, lit by vintage style street lamps and delivers you to a truly "park like" setting. The
park area adjoins the creek bank with a wood burning fire
pit and log seating that is perfect for roasting marshmallows or just enjoying a warm fire. The fire pit is surronded by gorgeous mountain laurel trees and large natural rock formations (a unique amenity!) that will inspire the best night time stories. This area provides easy
access to the creek for fishing, but remember the creek is
very swift and riverlike!
The main level of the cabin features a full wrap
around covered porch complete with a propane grill and picnic
table for outdoor dinners and rocking chairs for relaxation
afterwards. You will also find a very special amenity on this
level: a private screened porch with the hot tub, comfortable
seating and a gas log fireplace making it a true outdoor
oasis! Inside you will find the upgraded kitchen with stone
and wood slab counter tops, stainless appliances, and dining
area. The living space next to the kitchen is complete with a
floor to ceiling stone fireplace with gas logs, flat panel TV
with satellite and DVD player, and high end sofas. This level
has two private bedrooms, one with a king size log bed and one
with a queen size log bed. These two bedrooms share a full
bath located just between.
The upper level has one private
bedroom with a king bed, flat panel TV with satellite, and
full private bath. The open loft has two twin beds as well as
a desk for convenience. The completed full basement level is
all about fun!
This level features a game room with pool table
and air hockey table, a second living area with lots of
comfortable seating, flat panel TV with satellite, stone
fireplace with gas logs, and a bar for entertaining. You will
also find a full bath on this level. You must see (and hear)
this cabin in person! Roaring Waters Lodge
is going to be the magical vacation spot you'll never want to leave!
*Please keep in mind the cabin has a walk way down to the water from the cabin. The cabin is appromately 200 feet from the waters edge. This is also shown in the cabin's photos.
Please note: Fireplaces are available for use from October 1st to April 30th. Outdoor WOOD BURNING fireplaces may be used year round, however MTCR does not provide firewood.
Firepits are also available year round. Outdoor gas log fireplaces may not be used out of season.
- 100+ feet Frontage on Fightingtown Creek
- Hot Tub
- Pool Table
- Air Hockey
- Outdoor Gas Fireplace
- Indoor Wood Fireplace (main level)
- Indoor Gas Fireplace (Game Room)
- Outdoor Firepit by creek
- Gas Grill
- Picnic Table
- Four Rockers
- Covered Porches
- Screened Porch
- Flat Panel TV in master Bedroom w Satellite
- Flat Panel TV in main level great room w Satellite/ DVD
- Flat Panel TV in gameroom w Satellite
- Washer/ Dryer
- Elevation: 1817
- Cabin Facing North
- Cabin is perched above the water frontage, around 200 feet from the creek bank
- NO PETS ALLOWED
- 11 Miles from Downtown Blue Ridge
- The Allens
- December, 2019
- This is exactly what we needed, very peaceful. The creek was perfect, loved hearing the running water from the deck. We spent mornings in the shops in Blue Ridge and neighboring towns, and afternoons in the cabin. We had a wonderful stay.
- Kathy Crofford
- August, 2014
- We stayed at this beautiful "cabin" by Fighting Town Creek! It was huge! It was our first visit to Blue Ridge, we spent so much time enjoying the area we really didn't get to slow down to savor the beauty of our retreat. Everything was great! We traveled with Parents, Young Adults and teens, everyone was happy with the lodging with plenty of TV's, places to be alone, we loved the area down by the water for the fire pit. The hot tub was wonderful with the TV right there. Beds were comfortable, temperature of rooms, the game room was awesome! The owners had games there! Kitchen was complete! Plenty of towels for our 8 people. Would stay there again in a heart beat! I would suggest if at all possible don't arrive for first time in the dark! It is off the beaten path!-But that is what we want right?
Write a Review!
- Leslie Williams
- May, 2014
- This was my second time staying in a Mountain Top Cabin Rentals property and I was very happy both times! I will DEFINITELY be coming back next year! :)
- Base Rate:
- Peak Rate:
- All-Inclusive Reservation Charge:
Total price consists of the nightly rate, the "All-Inclusive" Reservation Charge, 13% county taxes or 15% taxes within city limits. Rates are the same regardless of the number of guests in your party. The All-Inclusive Reservation Charge includes all cleaning and processing charges for your reservation.Please note: Number of guests may not exceed the maximum occupancy of the cabin. Regular Rate – Rate for regular time frames not during holidays or peak times Peak Rate - Peak rates apply on the following holidays: Labor Day Weekend & Memorial Day Weekend, and the entire months of June, July, October and November Holiday Rate – Holiday Rates will apply to the following holidays: New Year’s Holiday, Independence Day Holiday, Thanksgiving Holiday, and Christmas Holiday.
*** We no longer offer a $200 security deposit. Instead, we have a Damage Protection Waiver - "DPW" is a $45.00 non-refundable damage waiver that is added to every reservation. The DPF will cover up to $750 in accidental or inadvertent damages if, and only if, the damage/accident is reported at that time of occurrence. This is also listed on the Rental Agreement and FAQ.