A View To Remember Description
A View To Remember is going to be a vacation to remember! Perfect for couples or a small family, this adorable two bedroom, two bathroom cabin will be charming you as soon as arrive with its lovely long range mountain views. Enter the richly dark stained cabin with exterior dove-tail accents through the front door to the cozy living area and kitchen. The kitchen offers a 4-person dining table and 2-stools at the mini-breakfast bar. Here you can enjoy the long range mountain views, the gas log fireplace or the flat panel television with a DVD player.
Just a few steps away is the main level bathroom with a standard shower, log framed mirror and main level bedroom. The main level bedroom features a log kind size bed and double doors leading to the main level deck, where you will find patio seating and the gas grill.
Step back inside and head up the staircase to the 2nd bedroom. This is the master bedroom, with a log king size bed, flat panel television, standard shower, jetted garden tub and log framed mirror. The master bedroom also has a private balcony and seating for two. This balcony is ideal for romantic evenings and taking in the sprawling mountain vistas.
Ready for a dip in the hot tub or a friendly game of 2-on-2? Journey to the unfinished basement level, where you'll be greeted by a pool table and full size foosball. Just outside this level is the large hammock for catching up on a good book, afternoon napping or just relaxing as the birds sing and chirp thorough the day. The hot tub is just a few steps away and is perfect for relaxing in all evening and viewing the stars. Imagine a moonlight soak with your better half with unobstructed views of the night sky, or soaking your cares away with some friends with chilled glasses of your favorite wine or champagne. A View To Remember is a cabin that offers a vacation you won't ever forget!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the nature of the last mile of the journey to this cabin is a one lane gravel road with varying terrains and may become rutted after heavy seasonal rains - we recommended a 4x4 vehicle to access the cabin. You also need to be comfortable and capable driving in situations that require 4x4. We also do not recommend driving lower lying vehicles to this property.
Please note: Fireplaces are available for use from October 1st to April 30th. Outdoor WOOD BURNING fireplaces may be used year round, however MTCR does not provide firewood.
Firepits are also available year round but firewood is not provided in firepits. Outdoor gas log fireplaces may not be used out of season.
- Hot Tub
- Facing SE
- Gas Grill
- Gas Log Fireplace (main level)
- Flat Panel TV's
- Elevation: 2124 feet
- Jetted Garden Tub in master bath
- Patio Furniture
- Foosball Table
- Pool Table (Just added July 1 2020)
- NO PETS ALLOWED
- 4x4 Recommended
- Outdoor Firepit
- Dustin and Emily Joiner
- October, 2020
- This cabin was awesome! The view was unbeatable and we will definitely be coming back. Very clean and kept up well. We brought groceries for the entire weekend and enjoyed cooking all our meals and relaxing. Definitely recommend a 4x4 to get to the cabin. We brought a truck that was not a 4x4 and barely made it up there. The last mile of travel is washed out gravel and inclined.
- S. Llambias
- November, 2019
- This cabin is wonderful and we had a great time. We will definitely be booking again in the future! Drive a 4x4 to get here
- Peaceful, beautiful, wonderful!
- Jennifer Wilcox
- August, 2018
- Great cabin, loved everything! Would recommend a higher sitting car, not necessarily a 4x4 just not a corvette or g35
- Reginald Sowell
- April, 2018
- We enjoyed our stay and everything was great!
- Don't change a thing! We will 100% be coming back, hopefully with more family members.
- I stayed here with my husband from April 22nd-24th and I loved every minute of it. Upon checking in we wanted to make it to a store that closed in 10 minutes so the staff very quickly checked us in, gave us a welcome bag, and sent us on our way. When we arrived at the house we were immediately in love. The pictures most definitely do not do this house its justice. It is breathtaking. The bedrooms were a little small, but everything was very spacious. I highly recommend staying here. It is worth every dime. We will be back, but next time we will bring the kiddos.
- D & T Zavulunov
- December, 2014
- We stayed December 12-14th, 2014. The view is AMAZING & breathtaking! The staff at check-in was super nice too! Our "welcome packet" was personalized with our name & had so many wonderful pieces of information in it from restaurant recommendations to things to do in the area & places to shop!
The cabin had everything we needed & is just beautiful. There's board games, the hot tub (which is wonderful), Foosball & Ping Pong in the basement, rocking chairs on the main porch, a fire pit out back (we didn't use), a very nice gas fireplace, & decent WiFi. We did go out to dinner but I suggest to do some shopping & make food at the cabin & just enjoy staying in like we did. The kitchen has all the basics you'll need for cooking, i.e. appliances, utensils & pans.
One downfall was the cellphone reception at the cabin. We would occasionally get one bar of service but nothing more. Also, they aren't kidding about the lady bugs being out and about! They were all over at this time of year.
We unfortunately had to bother the neighbors behind us as we were leaving the cabin on the 14th after we loaded the car & realized the battery was dead. They were incredibly sweet as the husband grabbed his truck to come give our car a jump. He was so kind & eager to make sure we enjoyed our stay, even though they were just locals who lived nearby. Thank you to them!!!
Needless to say, was had a fabulous time spending the weekend enjoying the landscape & the beauty Blue Ridge has to offer. We plan to come back for sure & recommend this cabin to anyone wanting a quiet retreat away from it all!
- Bradshaw & McGraw
- October, 2014
- Cabin is as represented in photos and better. View was spectacular. Cabin was spectacular. We absolutely loved the week we spent there and were sad when it was time to leave. We can't wait until the next trip. Staff and customer service was outstanding and an overall real pleasure to deal with. We are sending pictures in a separate e-mail.
Write a Review!
- Had a wonderful & relaxing time at the cabin. The cabin was outstanding and the views unreal.I draw on my memories to help me relax when I am feeling stressed and I am counting the days until my next rental.
- Base Rate:
- Peak Rate:
- Holiday Rate :
- All-Inclusive Reservation Charge:
Total price consists of the nightly rate, the "All-Inclusive" Reservation Charge, 13% county taxes or 15% taxes within city limits. Rates are the same regardless of the number of guests in your party. The All-Inclusive Reservation Charge includes all cleaning and processing charges for your reservation.Please note: Number of guests may not exceed the maximum occupancy of the cabin. Regular Rate – Rate for regular time frames not during holidays or peak times Peak Rate - Peak rates apply on the following holidays: Labor Day Weekend & Memorial Day Weekend, and the entire months of June, July, October and November Holiday Rate – Holiday Rates will apply to the following holidays: New Year’s Holiday, Independence Day Holiday, Thanksgiving Holiday, and Christmas Holiday.
*** We no longer offer a $200 security deposit. Instead, we have a Damage Protection Waiver - "DPW" is a $45.00 non-refundable damage waiver that is added to every reservation. The DPF will cover up to $750 in accidental or inadvertent damages if, and only if, the damage/accident is reported at that time of occurrence. This is also listed on the Rental Agreement and FAQ.